OK, so you have chosen the right robot vacuum for your house and now you can relax right?
As with any addition to a family, now you have to give it a name. You have made a great first step, you have stumbled across this post.
So if you are wondering “what should I name my robot vacuum?”, keep on reading as I’m about to share 101 suggestions as to what you can call your robot vacuum as well as a bunch of inspiration to help you pick a great name for your new best friend.
Of course, if you haven’t yet chosen the right robot vacuum, be sure to take a look at our top recommendations with a buyers guide to help you may your choice.
Also, why stop there? Did you know you can also get a robotic window cleaner? That’s a whole new list of punny names I’ll need to come up with!
What to name my robot vacuum?
I have broken this list down into different sections each focusing on a separate idea or theme.
Pun names for a vacuum
So let’s kick this off with some pun names for a vacuum. I had way too much fun creating this list.
It started when I named my robot Optimus Grime, the cleaning pun names have always been in my mind. I think while creating this list I have a new favorite though, Should Optimus ever die and be replaced, it’s only fair he will be replaced by Clean Elizabeth the Second.
Anyway, enough of the jibber jabber, some may be a bit of a stretch, but there is some gold in here and who doesn’t love a pun. 😆
1. Clean Elizabeth the Second
2. Optimus Grime
3. Cle-anu Reeves – Obviously the Matrix Keanu, not Bill & Ted Keanu
4. Cleanardo Di Caprio
5. Morgan Cleenman
6. Cleant Eastwood – come on, you like that one.
7. Richard Clean Anderson – You may need to be a Stargate fan, or Magiever, for that one.
9. Meryl Sweep
10. Albert Eingrime
11. Dustbin Hoffman
12. Dustbin Timberlake
13. Dustbin Bieber
You can see here Justin was an easy target
14. Mean Clean Okerlund – One for the old School WWE fans
15. The Underraker – while I’m rocking the wrestling theme
16. Ceclean Dion
17. Katniss Everclean
18. Napolean Grimeamite
19. Obi-Wan Cleanobi
Real cleaning inspired names
OK, if you made it through that without groaning and are still with me, I have a few more suggestions. If you don’t fancy a punny name, then luckily there are a few famous names and people that helpfully include cleaning terms pre-loaded for you. They don’t have to be real, characters also work well. A few of my favorites are:
20. Charlie Sheen
21 & 22. Denzel Washington or Geroge Washingon
23. Edgar Hoover
24. Rick Grimes
25. Basil Brush
26. Sweep – As in Sooty and Sweep, that 80’s TV kids classic.
A robot inspired robot vacuum name
Moving away from puns, legendary robot names are a fantastic idea and are popular names for a robot vacuum. The options are many, whether iconic computer game characters, 80’s TV icons or Hollywood blockbuster names, you have plenty to chose from.
Some of my favorites from throughout the years are:
27. KITT – Everyone favorite talking car
28. Johnny 5 – That classic 80’s movie, you could even teach your voice integration to respond to “Johnny 5 is alive”
29. Marvin the Paranoid Android – From The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy
30. K-9 – Doctor Who’s robot pup sidekick
31. Bender – Could you imagine if your robot vacuum came with his attitude?
32. Rosie – Probably the most iconic robot maid for an entire generation out of The Jetsons
33. Robbie – Perfect if you have a Roomba from iRobot, as Robbie is the robot that saves the girl in the book/movie with the same name.
34. Hal – less of a robot and more of an all-controlling AI machine out of 2001: Space Odyssey, which is what we really want our vacuums to be. Well, as long as all-controlling is all things related to the floor life support systems, not so much.
35. C3P0 – You could name your robot vacuum after the famous etiquette and protocol droid
36. R2D2 – or everyone’s favorite, the spunky little action-loving droid
37. Kryten – If you don’t know about Red Dwarf, I highly recommend it, Kryten becomes a full-time character in season 3, he is a series 4000 mechanoid whose entire purpose is “to serve and have no regard for himself”.
38. Robocop – of course, you could also go with Robomop
39. Megatron – Iconic transformer. Optimus Prime would also be here had I not already abused his name in the pun section.
40. Wall-E – Disney’s favorite junk cleaning robot
41. DJ Roomba – The fans favorite from cult series Parks and Recreation
42. The Terminator – Had to be on this list
You could create your own name
As I’ve just mentioned The Terminator, it turns out that simply adding inator to almost anything cleaning related instantly becomes a name. If you are looking for inspiration in creating clever robot vacuum names, this section is for you.
43. The Vacinator
44. The Sweepinator
45. The Grimeinator
46. The Dustinator
47. The Dirtinator
And as we’re making things up, another option is taking a nice cleaning word and prefixing it with sir and adding alot to the end. Here’s what I’m talking about:
48. Sir Cleansalost
49. Sir Dustsalot
50. Sir Vacsalot
51. Sir Scrubsalot
And lastly, in the making up a name concept, I also think you can also consider anything with Baron Von at the front and ending in enstein as a pretty fun name for a robot vacuum.
A few more examples:
52. Baron Von Grimenstein
53. Baron Von Sweepenstein
54. Baron Von Sucksenstein
55. Baron Von Dirtenstein
So another line of thought you can go down for a great robot vacuum name is looking at famous Butlers. Here are a few of the most famous butlers to have graced our screens in the last few years:
56. Alfred – The man that keeps Batman from having to make his own coffee or worry about changing the oil on the Batmobile.
57. Jeeves – Possibly the name most symbolic of butlers. Has been used in various literature and of course in the failed search engine Ask Jeeves. Remember that one?
58. Carson – From the upstairs-downstairs of Downton Abbey.
59. Lurch – The Frenkensteinesque butler from The Addams Family
60. Geoffry – Who wouldn’t love a wise-cracking butler like Geoffry from 90s favorite The Fresh Prince of Belair
61. Edmund – From Series 3 of another cult British TV show, Blackadder. Again, if you haven’t seen it, I highly recommend it. Edmund was the smart butler looking after the dim-witted Prince of Wales. Well, looking after his own interests really.
Next up is iconic characters. There is no end to this list and naming your robot friend after your favorite character is a great way to enjoy it a little more, especially when telling your friends about how amazing the little motorized sucker uppers are.
Here are a few fictional characters that I think suit a robot vacuum cleaner, but as I mention, the list is potentially endless:
63. Buzz Lightyear
65. Cookie Monster – You could add optional googly eyes.
66. Darth Vader
68. Han Solo
70. Wolverine – I thought about punning this one up with Wolvergleam
71. The Dude
72. Forrest Gump
73. Consuela – (the cleaning lady from Family Guy)
77. Mary Poppins
79. Spongebob Squarepants
82. Samwise Gamgee
The celebrity approach
So our penultimate suggestion for this list is to just go for the simple – name it after a celebrity approach. It doesn’t necessarily have to be your favorite, it could also be one you dislike.
Why’s that you ask? Well, if you have a robot vacuum with smart home voice commands, screaming “Kim Kardashian West . . . clean my kitchen!” feels pretty darn good.
Here are a few suggestions to get you started:
84. Brad Pitt
85. Johnny Depp
86. Angelina Jolie
88. Will Smith
92. Kim Kardashian West
Or how about a human name?
Finally, you could just go with a regular human name. I find some of the more traditional names already sound like a cleaner in our modern world. Any of these would make a great shout as a name for a robot cleaner. Especially when you are talking to your parents. Just casually drop into a dinner conversation; “I can’t wait to see what the house looks like when we get back, we have left Irene there cleaning all day, she’ll probably need to recharge her batteries soon”. It’s at that point your parents will wonder if you’re talking about a robot or if Irene just likes to hit the gin cabinet between the cleaning kitchen and the bathroom.
So, what should I name my robot vacuum?
Well, there is really only one person that can answer that, and that is you, but just know, this is one of the most important decisions you will be making.
So what did you decide on as the name for your robot? Be sure to leave any additional suggestions in the comments, we’d love to hear them.