Last Updated on May 19, 2022
Vacuuming is a chore that most of us hate to do. You have to carry your heavy vacuum cleaner from room to room, it takes time, and it’s boring.
A robotic vacuum cleaner can make vacuuming quick and easy. They are lightweight, so they’re easier to move around the house than traditional vacuums. And because they operate on their schedule (usually set by an app), you don’t even need to be home when it runs!
With that being said, there’s no shortage of companies making them. In this blog post, we’re going to break down two popular vacuum cleaners, Roborock S7 & Ecovacs Deebot Ozmo T8 AIVI, to help you choose which one would be best for your needs!
*The product links in this post are affiliate links, which means that if you purchase after following one, I make a small commission from the sale at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure page for more information.
You may also like:
- Neato D10 VS Roomba S9
- Narwal T10 VS Dreametech W10
- Samsung Jet Bot Robot Vacuum Review
- Ecovacs Deebot X1 Omni vs. X1 Turbo | What’s the Difference?
At a glance
Last update on 2022-05-16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
The quick answer
Roborock S7 is the best choice for you if you want to save money. The lower price of this vacuum cleaner, combined with its features and customer reviews, makes it an excellent option that we can wholeheartedly recommend as a winner in this comparison.
It also has some fantastic reviews on Amazon from customers who have used both vacuums. If you’re looking for something more expensive, Ecovacs Deebot T8 Aivi might be a better bet. But keep in mind that both these robots have their strengths and weaknesses when compared to each other.
Roborock S7 is the ultimate deep clean machine for people who want a robotic sidekick to scrub up without having to take time away from what’s important.
Roborock S7’s auto-lifting mopping attachment ensures you have the right tool for any cleaning situation, and with it comes an all-new level of convenience.
This robotic floor cleaner also features powerful suction and a scrubbing brush system that scrubs floors effectively. At the same time, you do something else, because life shouldn’t stop when your robot vacuum stops!
For more info on the model, check out our full Roborock S7 Review.
- Intense Suction: Lifts dirt and debris from hard floors with powerful suction.
- Multi-Level Mapping: Automatically maps out the rooms in your house, then cleans them one by one. Cleans the rooms you want it to clean and skips the ones you don’t want it to clean.
- Adaptive Route Algorithms: Calculates an optimal cleaning path based on room layout, furniture location, and more. Cleans efficiently without wasting time or energy.
- No, Go & No Mop Zones: No-Go Zones, Invisible Walls, and No-Mop Zones will help keep your home clean and tidy! The Roborock App (apart from its remote control) has a special mode for creating invisible walls that prevent the robot from going into certain areas of your house.
- Multi-Directional Brush: The Multi-Directional Floating Brush can move in any direction, cleaning up dust and dirt on different floor surfaces such as carpet, bare floors, tiles, and more! The brush is made of soft rubber that won’t scratch your flooring.
- Battery Life: Even though the company advertises 180 mins as the standard running time for S7, numerous instances of customers pointing out that the real figure lies somewhere between 100-120 mins.
- Not effective on carpets: Not as adept in cleaning carpets as we hoped. It was observed that the cleaner would stall in the middle & didn’t effectively clean carpets as they should. You would need multiple runs on your carpet to deep clean it.
Last update on 2022-05-16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Ecovacs Deebot Ozmo T8 AIVI
The Ecovacs Deebot Ozmo T8 AIVI Robot Vacuum Cleaner is the next generation of smart home cleaning. It automatically cleans for you, so you don’t have to lift a finger.
This robot vacuum features Object Recognition that allows it to recognize your furniture and work around it while simultaneously vacuuming and mopping with ease.
The Ecovacs Deebot Ozmo T8 AIVI unit also features Precision Laser Mapping and Navigation, which means it can clean an entire level of your home without missing a spot!
In addition, Ecovacs Deebot Ozmo T8 AIVI Robot Vacuum Cleaners can clean any hard surface flooring with its powerful custom cleaning brush and water tank. Look no further for the ultimate in robotic vacuum cleaners!
- Simultaneous Vacuuming & Mopping – The Ecovacs Deebot Ozmo T8 AIVI is one of the few vacuum cleaners that can mop and vacuum simultaneously.
- Intelligent AI Object Recognition – The Ecovacs Deebot Ozmo T8 AIVI has a camera that scans your room to create a map of obstacles in real-time. It recognizes objects like furniture, walls, stairs, and more as it cleans so it won’t bump into anything or fall down the stairs, all thanks in part to the level of artificial intelligence it has.
- Video On Demand – Watch live video from anywhere with an internet connection on your smartphone or tablet using their customized app. You can even use two-way audio to talk directly to someone through the device while they’re home cleaning!
- Precision Laser Navigation & Positioning – The Deebot T8 AIVI model maps out your rooms in 3D space so that you never have to worry about a missed spot.
- Powerful custom cleaning – The Deebot Ozmo T8 AIVI model is the most advanced, versatile robot vacuum on the market. It has powerful suction and a high-performance brush that cleans carpets and hard floors with ease.
- Up to 3 hours of runtime – The Deebot Ozmo T8 AIVI vacuums can run for up to 3 hours before returning to its charging dock so that you can clean your whole house without interruption.
- Mapping Issues – The Deebot T8 AIVI maps your house in real-time, but it sometimes gets stuck & cannot navigate around obstacles seamlessly. It has to map several times before it can clean your whole house.
- Mopping Capabilities – The Deebot T8 AIVI can only mop properly on very flat surfaces, limited to hard floors.
- Slightly Overpriced – With a price tag that goes a bit above what other brands charge with similar features. The Ecovacs Deebot ozmo T8 aivi Robot Vacuum Cleaner is slightly overpriced.
Last update on 2022-01-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
You might also like: ECOVACS Deebot Ozmo T5 Review and Guide
Side by side comparison
In this section, we’ll talk about some of the features that both brands share.
Both products advertise the battery life of their brands to 180 mins.
Both products are very mobile as they can be controlled remotely. And have a variety of features that make it easy to clean the house without being present.
Unlike many other brands that require you to purchase a water tank separately. With these two products, a water tank is included with the purchase.
Auto Empty Support
Both the products support the Auto Empty feature that allows the cleaners to empty their bins when docked.
The carpet performance for both is advertised as the same. This is because both follow the standard procedure to recognize carpets with their carpet detection zone & increase their suction power when they’re on them.
App & Voice Assistant Controls
An application for a robotic vacuum cleaner is a must & it is no surprise that both the products ticks this box. Also, both are compatible with most of the Voice-based assistants.
Key Differences (T8 Aivi Vs. Roborock S7)
Now that you know which features they share, let’s dive deeper and see the key difference between these two products to help you make an informed decision.
Even though advertised as 180 mins for both, the ground reality is slightly different, with consumers reporting the run time of Roborock S7 to be 30 -40 mins lesser.
Winner – ECOVACS
We all know how important mapping performance is for a vacuum cleaner to help them understand your home better. If they don’t, the cleaning process can become a hassle, and you will run around your device every now & then trying to fix it.
In comparison, we find the mapping of Roborock S7 to be a lot better than Ecovacs. We have also explained this in-depth already in the list of cons for the latter.
Winner – Roborock S7
Which one is cheaper?
If you’re someone who makes major decisions based on the pricing of a product then Roborock is the one to go for.
Unfortunately, Ecovacs is slightly overpriced in comparison despite having similar features. And even by paying a bit more, you’re not going to get something that the Roborock doesn’t already have.
Winner – Roborock S7
A couple of alternatives to consider
If you are just starting with a robotic vacuum cleaner and looking for something cheap, then the iRobot Roomba i3 might suit your needs. The price tag is way lower than Roborock S-series, but it still has great features like multi-surface rubber brushes with reactive sensor technology.
The iRobot Roomba i3 Robot Vacuum Cleaner is a powerful robot vacuum that provides strong performance and powerful pick-up. Its smart navigation allows it to clean an entire level of your home without missing a spot or going over the same area twice.
In addition, Roomba features Reactive Sensor Technology that enables it to detect furniture, walls, and other obstacles so the robot vacuum can avoid them as it cleans. The iRobot Roomba i3 is designed with dual multi-surface rubber brushes that work on all floor surfaces.
Suppose you have a slightly higher budget, though & looking for something more advanced in terms of artificial intelligence, dirt disposal & better airflow. In that case, the Roborock S6 MaxV Robot Vacuum Cleaner is a great alternative.
The features & services it offers in its category are unmatched by any other robot vacuum on this list & the price tag reflects that as well.
Roborock S6 MaxV Vacuum Cleaner is one of the most powerful robot vacuum cleaners in the market today. The two cameras and Reactive artificial intelligence obstacle recognition enable it to avoid obstacles, clean corners automatically and accurately map your home.
MaxV is a new generation of intelligent robotic vacuum cleaners from Roborock. It comes with an upgraded Lidar navigation system that enables it to clean more efficiently than ever before. Equipped with a high-performance water tank, MaxV can mop as well as a vacuum for complete cleaning.
Compared with previous generations, it has more intelligent sensors and navigation algorithms that make it smarter than ever before. It is more powerful, can be controlled by voice and app, and can clean a wider area. So a good bet if you’re looking for a cleaner in the higher price bracket.
Want to look for more alternatives? Check out: Best Robot Vacuum Reviews with Buyers Guide
Is the auto emptying dock included?
No, the auto emptying dock is not included with the purchase and has to be purchased separately.
How well do these robots work in the dark?
Unfortunately, these robotic vacuum cleaners work well in bright light but are ineffective; clean in the dark. In addition, the AI will have some problems with navigation & object detection, so it is wise not to test them in the dark.
Does it work without Wi-Fi?
Since these need to be programmed and work extensively by collecting data points in terms of mapping etc., Wi-Fi is a must for the efficient working of the system.
How long does it take to charge & at how much battery does it leave its dock?
These cleaners take approximately 2-1/2 to 3 hrs to get charged fully. It will leave the charging station only when it’s fully charged, though you can instruct them to clean whenever you want, irrespective of the charge.
Is it ok to add cleaning solutions to the water tank?
No, it is advisable to just add in the water tank. Any other cleaning solution like bleach or detergent water is not recommended.
Even though there are strong points on both sides, we find the Roborock S7 has the edge over Ecovacs Deebot ozmo T8 AIVI by providing better mapping performance and cheaper pricing.
Roborock S7 is a versatile robot vacuum cleaner that has powerful suction and a high-performance brush for carpets and hard floors with ease. Plus, it can clean your house for up to three hours before returning to its charging dock, so you don’t have to interrupt cleaning the whole home.
The Ecovacs Deebot Ozmo T8 AIVI has the advantage of the mop, but it is limited to only hard floors. It also maps your house in real-time and doesn’t require any additional setup for cleaning carpets or stairs, but that comes with some concerns with its mapping ability.
If you want a robot vacuum that can do more than just clean up dirt content, then Roborock S7 could be what you’re looking for.